Announcing our 2010 Award-Winners...
San Diego, CA, AIA San Diego, Fri, 2010-10-15
Honor Award -- AIA San Diego's highest award celebrates extraordinary, thoroughly resolved architectural design, worthy of the profession's highest regard.
- Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook - Firm: Safdie Rabines Architects
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM), San Diego - Firm: Clive Wilkinson Architects
- The Q - Firm: Jonathan Segal Architects
Merit Award -- Recognizes exemplary, innovative and well-resolved design, worthy of professional recognition.
- The Station - Firm: Lloyd Russell, AIA
- Robert Paine Scripps Seaside Forum - Firm: Safdie Rabines Architects
Citation Award -- Recognizes distinctive aspects or elements of a design, which demonstrates noteworthy architectural skill or vision.
- Saint Bartholomew Chapel - Firm: Kevin deFreitas Architects
- San Diego County Medical Examiner and Forensic Center - Firm: Harley Ellis Devereaux
Divine Detail Award is given to specific, ingenious and graceful design details that are worthy of recognition all by themselves.
- Housing Dining Hospitality Services Building - Firm: Studio E Architects
- Montanez Adobe - Firm: IS Architecture
- mxd830 - creative spaces - Firm: Foundationforform Architects
SDG&E Energy Efficiency Integration Award -- presented by SDG&E's Savings By Design Program, recognizes non-residential projects that successfully integrate energy efficiency strategies into innovative designs through the use of creativity, technology, and environmental sensativity.
- High Tech High Chula Vista - Firm: Studio E Architects
COTE-SD Award -- AIASD's Committee on the Environment Award was created to recognize the beauty of sustainable architecture that integrates buildings with the physical and cultural environment. Projects were evaluated against ten criteria, including factors like land use & site ecology, light & air, energy flows & energy future, bioclimatic design, materials & construction.
- Saint Bartholomew Chapel -Firm: Kevin deFreitas Architects
Young Architect of the Year Award (YAYA)
The panel selected Mike Burnett, AIA, as this year’s Young Architect of the Year. A southern California native, Mike started his architecture career as a youngster sketching pretend buildings and laying out entire cities with futuristic cars to roam their streets. After six years working with Studio E and yearning for his next challenge, he went back to school for his Graduate Degree in Architecture with an emphasis on Real Estate Development at Woodbury University and in 2008 created ‘FoundationForForm Architecture & Development’ firm focused on designing and developing market?rate, mixed?use, eco?friendly, urban infill revitalization projects serving artists, young professionals and start?up entrepreneurs.
Press Contact Information